There’s a very clear and simple reason I fear the robot revolution. Imagine, if you will, a robot assistant who:
- Does your job so you get paid, but don’t need to go yourself.
- Picks up the kids from school.
- Drops off the dry cleaning.
- Goes shopping for groceries.
- Takes the dog for a walk.
Before you know it:
- The robot nets that big promotion at work (because it does it better than you).
- The kids call it ‘daddy’ (because it’s a better parent than you).
- The dry cleaning becomes unnecessary (because you don’t go to work anymore).
- You can’t remember the way to the grocery store (because you don’t go there anymore).
- The dog growls at you (because you don’t take it for walks).
- It’s fucking your wife (because it’s a better lover than you are).
There’s only one way to prevent both your obsolescence and this apocalypse… take a sledgehammer to your shiny, new smartphone right now!